Spotify and Apple’s newest rival YouTube Music has just launched their own student plans.
YouTube Music is now available to college students for $4.99 a month compared to their regular price at $9.99 a month. And YouTube Premium is $6.99 a month for students while the regular price is $11.99 a month. In addition, eligible university and college student who signs up for YouTube Premium before January 31, 2019, will have a special rate of $5.99 for the service.
Users of YouTube Music can download songs and albums for offline listening and continue listening to music if they close the app. Included in the streaming service is ad-free music, which means you won’t be interrupted by any ads.
YouTube Premium includes YouTube Music’s benefits such as listening to music ad-free. But YouTube Premium includes the ability to watch YouTube original content that does not include music videos ad-free. YouTube has some originals series such as “Cobra Kai.”
YouTube’s new student discount is great for those who love YouTube. Spotify does have a student plan. That plan is $4.99 for ad-free music and includes a Hulu subscription. Apple music’s student plan starts at $4.99 a month too, but it includes access to Apple’s original series.
YouTube’s student plans are only available for full-time students at an accredited college or university. It is also only available in the US.
- University’s oldest graduate reaches 106th Birthday
- DSU Virtual Research Could Advance COVID vaccine
- Huston-Tillotson to Hold Fifth Green Justice Forum
- FAMU Bragg Stadium COVID-19 Site Closed On Sundays
- Cop Hits Black Woman in the Face
- UNSUNG REVIEW: Billy Preston… One Very Sad Show
- Bird Doesn’t Cooperate, Makes Scene at Funeral (video)
- Dr. DeForest Soaries Talks Financial Freedom And The DFree Global Foundation
- Radio Vet Ryan Cameron has Emergency Heart Surgery, in ICU
- Louis Vuitton (Demo)