Radio Facts: A new seed-stage investment fund, ‘Boost‘, has been launched by Warner Music Group, aiming at investing in early startups in the music publishing industry.
Chief Digital Officer of WMG Ole Obermann says the new fund will be used to foster diversity and innovation:
“WMG Boost is all about nurturing the diversity of ideas within the music ecosystem, especially at this meeting point between music and tech. This fund enables us to support thoughtful entrepreneurs, learn more about emerging business models, and invest in the creation of more opportunities for artists.”
The goal will be to invest in cutting-edge tech from a variety of sources, including artificial intelligence, mobile gaming, the blockchain, virtual reality, and voice recognition.
WMG Boost is currently looking for start-up applicants who are seeking seed funding for innovative projects. The project will need to be between pre-revenue and Series A stages to be considered for investment. WMG Boost will provide applicants with industry expertise and investment up to $1 million.
- Washington Redskins Change Name To ‘Washington Football Team’
- Who Raps Better? Benny or Conway? | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Jamillah Muhammad Celebrating
- Dr. DeForest Soaries Talks Financial Freedom And The DFree Global Foundation
- New Management At RCA, Atlantic Hope To Continue Streaming Successes
- FRENCH MONTANA RELEASES NEW SINGLE “THAT’S A FACT”
- Latrice Burnette Appointed EVP/GM at Island Records
- THE BANKER / APPLE TV Original – OFFICIAL TRAILER
- MALIA CIVETZ RELEASES CLUB REMIX OF "BROKE BOY"
- What If The NBA Did Their Own Version of Verzuz?