Warner Music Group has announced the acquisition of UPROXX. Founded in 2008, UPROXX is one of the most influential media brands for youth culture, reaching more than 40 million people across the web, Facebook,Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and YouTube.
UPROXX will continue to be run by current CEO/Chief Creative Benjamin Blank and Co-Founder/Publisher Jarret Myer. In an announcement, WMG notes that its “editorial and studio operations will function as stand-alone entities with journalistic and creative independence, including working with any and all artists, athletes, and innovators making their mark in culture.”
“UPROXX was founded with the mission to deliver the best daily content and programming that shapes the lives of youth culture and the world we are inheriting,” said Blank. “Over the past years, we’ve won the trust of our audience, along with numerous industry accolades, because of our understanding of culture, entertainment, and marketing – an approach that’s rooted in authenticity and transparency. With Warner Music Group, we just doubled down on that formula and are now able to deliver more to our audience and partners with even more access and at much bigger scale.”
WMG says in its announcement that “The combined creative expertise and worldwide reach of UPROXX and WMG will create engaging new experiences for young consumers, global promotional possibilities for brands, and innovative marketing opportunities for artists. The deal will also enable UPROXX to build on its wide range of successful partnerships in music, which has resulted in programming featuring an array of artists such as Miguel, Rick Ross, Vince Staples, and Charlie Puth.”
- 10 Under Appreciated Black Movies
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 365 | Church Pimps Feat. Benny The Butcher
- Hot Spot: These Are The Highest Paid Celebrities On Instagram! [WATCH]
- 15 Of The Best Evening Bags To Your Dinner Party Look (Demo)
- Migos Are Having Legal Issues with Quality Control | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Bassist/Composer Joshua Crumbly Releases New Single “Noah”
- TRINIDAD JAMES RETURNS WITH NEW SINGLE & MUSIC VIDEO “UGLY”
- Cali 93.9 Launches TODO SE VALE with Angelica Vale!
- Entertainment Industry leaders launch new association
- Balthazar Share New Track “Halfway”