Today Universal Music Group Nashville announced the promotion of Royce Risser as their new executive vice president of promotion.
Previously, Risser served as the svp of promotion, and in the new role Risser will continue to oversee promotion initiatives for the label’s artists. UMG Nashville represents artists such as Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, Luke Bryan, and Kacey Musgraves.
Chairman and CEO of UMG Nashville Mike Dungan spoke on Risser’s promotion:
“Royce rides herd on four major label imprints, while landing all the planes, ensuring that each of the singles and the artists receive the best effort possible, and remaining focused on the big picture job that always goes farther than #1 on the charts. I am proud of Royce, honored to work beside him, and happy to announce this promotion.”
Risser began his industry career at MCA records in 1991 as an intern, climbing his way upwards until he assumed the role of SVP of Promotion in 2007. Risser said of the new opportunity:
“I am always so proud to tell people that UMG has been my only home now for 27 years. I really do still get up in the morning and can’t wait to get to the office to be around wonderful friends and unbelievable artistry.”
- 100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Playlist
- Podcast: The High Price of Negative Energy
- Who Raps Better? Benny or Conway? | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Netflix Original “Rapture” Launches March 30
- KITTEN RELEASES NEW SONG "MY HOUSE" TODAY
- It’s Time To Rethink Your Cleansing Routine (Demo)
- MTV Acquires The SnowGlobe Music Festival
- 07 Here’s All the Fashion News You Missed This Week (Demo)
- Man LA Police Killed was former Child Actor
- Radio Facts 10 Best Black Radio DJs of All Time