Radio Facts: Recently, two of the major labels Waner Music Group and Sony Music sold several of their stakes in Spotify Technology SA that will net over 1 billion in profit. Warner sold 75% for 400 Million and Sony sold 750 million which accounts for half of the company’s stake. The move by labels to invest was a wise one according to analysts who reference the labels massive layoffs over the years. Those same labels have seen a huge increase in profits because of streaming. The labels are able to use the money to pay their artists along with having the extra cash on hand in the event they want acquisitions. Spotify granted the labels equity several years ago when it was a fraction of the current value.
- Childish Gambino Cancels Australia Tour
- Washington Redskins Change Name To ‘Washington Football Team’
- Blacks Asked to Leave Wild Wing Cafe because White Customer Felt Threatened
- The Undeniable Top 12 Best Black Female Singers of All Time?
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 364 | Apodogy
- Board of Governors Approves FAMU Reopening Plan
- Things you didn’t know about mountains
- Why is #NoNotoriety only used for whites?
- Lizzo’s Concert for SiriusXM and Pandora
- “The BOB & TOM Show” Comes to Chicago Radio