The Toronto International Film Festival® today revealed Xavier Dolan’s The Death and Life of John F. Donovan will have its World Premiere at the Festival this September. The surprise announcement was made at TIFF’s Canadian press conference, held at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel in Toronto.
The Death and Life of John F. Donovan follows the story of a young actor (Jacob Tremblay) as he reminisces on the letters he once shared with an American TV star (Kit Harington), who passed away a decade earlier, and the impact those letters had on both their lives. The film also stars Natalie Portman, Ben Schnetzer, Susan Sarandon, Jared Keeso, Kathy Bates, Thandie Newton, Emily Hampshire, and former TIFF Rising Star Sarah Gadon.
“In only a few short years, Xavier Dolan has drawn film lovers all over the world into his personal vision,” said Cameron Bailey, Artistic Director of TIFF. “That vision and his remarkable skill as a filmmaker are on full display in his English-language debut. We are honoured to premiere it in Toronto.”
The Death and Life of John F. Donovan will screen as part of the Special Presentations programme.
The 43rd Toronto International Film Festival runs from September 6 to 16, 2018.
- The Best Evening Bags To Your Dinner Party Lookfa (Demo)
- The Lash-Lengthening Serum That Really Works (Demo)
- Blue Note Jazz Festival Announced for “Sony Hall”
- David Linton Named PD of WCLK in Atlanta
- Former Radio DJ Asking the Industry for Help
- CARLY PEARCE & LEE BRICE’S “I HOPE YOU’RE HAPPY NOW” MUSIC VIDEO
- BMG signs deal with sampling service Tracklib
- He Locked Eyes with HT and Never Looked Back
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 364 | Apodogy
- Delia Orjuela Vice President of Latin Music, BMI