Here is our list of black female singers and black male singers that really brought it home with these hits. Let us know if you agree in the comments.
Always and Forever – Heatwave
One of the most classic love songs of all time was sung by the 70s hit group Heatwave, founded by lead singer Johnnie Wilder. The group had many hits but Always and Forever remains the most memorable smash from the group. The late writer Rod Temperton was a member of the original group when Johnnie Wilder met him while performing in clubs in the UK as a serviceman.
Wilder had an unfortunate accident at the height of the group’s career in 1979 which left him paralyzed from the neck down. He later became good friends with the late Teddy Pendergrass who also had a car accident that left him paralyzed in 1982. The group didn’t have many hits in the 80s but Rod Temperton went on to become one of the most sought after writers in music penning smash hits for a multitude of singers but most notably Michael Jackson’s Thriller album. Click NEXT above or below for the next song.
- Childish Gambino Cancels Australia Tour
- Washington Redskins Change Name To ‘Washington Football Team’
- Board of Governors Approves FAMU Reopening Plan
- Lizzo’s Concert for SiriusXM and Pandora
- Joe Apologizes to Logic | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Things you didn’t know about mountains
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 364 | Apodogy
- Radio Facts 10 Best Black Radio DJs of All Time
- Richard Aborn Discusses Citizens Crime Commission Of NYC, Reforming Police Training + More
- The Ordinary Is Launching A Face Mask (Demo)