Warner Bros. / New Line Cinema
With a massive $53.5 million domestic debut and $77.5m overseas over the last weekend, The Nun is a huge hit for New Line Cinemas. Opening in 3,876 theaters, this take makes The Nun the second-biggest September debut of all time in North America, not adjusted for inflation (last year’s It remains the top September launch, with $123.4 million).
The fifth film in the Conjuring universe, The Nun has pushed the global totals for the entire Conjuring franchise to $1.333 billion, just above the Alien franchise (not accounting for inflation or Alien v. Predator). The Conjuring films are now the biggest R-rated horror series of all time.
On a $22 million budget and the best debut of the franchise, it is safe to say we can see more Conjuring universe fare in the future. Next on the docket is the third Annabelle movie, set in the home of Ed and Lorraine Warren. The film centers around Annabelle’s placement in their home artifact room, where reportedly she ‘activates’ the variety of other haunted artifacts and their respective spirits.
Crazy Rich Asians earned $13.6 million, knocked down to the second highest take of the weekend, now sitting at a cumulative $136.2 million domestic through Sunday. Also a Warner Bros. film, it is the first time in 25 years that a single Hollywood studio has taken the top two box office spots for four weekends in a row (between The Meg, Crazy Rich Asians, and The Nun).
- KJ Bland Exits Service Broadcasting
- Meet Mandela Young African Fellows
- Documenting Hate: Charlottesville
- POLO G RELEASES NEW ALBUM THE GOAT
- Debunking the Myths about Radio DJs
- Radio Industry Vet Orlando Davis is Saving Lives by Donating His COVID-19 Antibody-Rich Blood
- HTIAA Names New Officers
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 365 | Church Pimps Feat. Benny The Butcher
- YouTube Expands Coachella Partnership
- DARF Secures “Blackradiostations.com”