Today The Guardian announced that its first-ever daily news and current affairs podcast will be launched by year’s end and hosted by political editor Anushka Asthana.
Anushka Asthana currently serves as The Guardian’s joint political editor, and the new podcast will be aimed at getting ‘behind the headlines’. It will run each weekday, and be “an essential part of the Guardian’s daily offering across its digital platforms”.
Filling out its podcasting team, The Guardian has hired six new audio journalists to produce it. Leo Hornak will serve as its executive producer. Hornak is an award-winning journalist with documentary experience and has covered news for This American Life among other publications. The podcast team will also include Guardian producer and editor Nicole Jackson; India Rakusen from BBC Digital Current Affairs; and The New Yorker Radio Hour’s Mythili Rao. Recently, the team has been rounded out by the further additions of Joshua Kelly, Elizabeth Cassin, and Rachel Humphreys.
The Guardian is experienced in the podcasting world, with a decade of podcast experience and 10 currently running podcast series. David Pemsel, chief executive of Guardian Media Group, has noted:
“More than 50% of The Guardian’s revenues are now digital. This significant investment in audio journalism is an important part of our strategy to develop deeper relationships with our audiences and grow new revenue streams.”
- New Management At RCA, Atlantic Hope To Continue Streaming Successes
- Washington Redskins Change Name To ‘Washington Football Team’
- Who Raps Better? Benny or Conway? | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Dr. DeForest Soaries Talks Financial Freedom And The DFree Global Foundation
- The Best Evening Bags To Your Dinner Party Lookfa (Demo)
- FRENCH MONTANA RELEASES NEW SINGLE “THAT’S A FACT”
- PRINCE’S ‘THE BLACK ALBUM’ SELLS FOR ‘RECORD’ AMOUNT
- Kansas City Station Welcomes New Show to Lineup
- CITIZEN QUEEN RELEASE THEIR COVER OF “SEÑORITA”
- 100.3 RNB Welcomes Rickey Smiley Morning Show