Epic Records president Sylvia Rhone was one of the honorees for the Culture Creators Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills this past weekend. The organization is specific to targeting and crediting the success of Black industry people and our work. KUDOS to Joi Brown and Darius Anthony Hines and Mathew Middleton for a much-needed organization like this.
Rhone said during her acceptance speech for the Icon award: “Our one common goal is to protect the culture,” the label veteran declared. “And now more than ever, since our culture has gotten so popular and those people who have never been a part of the culture but see that they can make a lot of money [on it], we have to watch very closely. There’s a feeding frenzy and [these] people are the buyers not the believers.”
Rhone was also honored in the Radio Facts Women of Color in Media 2017 issue for the Icon award.
See the entire story in Variety
- KJ Bland Exits Service Broadcasting
- POLO G RELEASES NEW ALBUM THE GOAT
- Meet Mandela Young African Fellows
- HTIAA Names New Officers
- Documenting Hate: Charlottesville
- Radio Industry Vet Orlando Davis is Saving Lives by Donating His COVID-19 Antibody-Rich Blood
- YouTube Expands Coachella Partnership
- Multiple Promotions At Emmis/New York
- DARF Secures “Blackradiostations.com”
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 365 | Church Pimps Feat. Benny The Butcher