In what seems like an inevitable first, FX’s annual report on the number of scripted TV originals revealed that there were more streaming shows than those on basic cable and broadcast over the last year, highlighting the true extent of the streaming revolution.
The numbers revealed that, of 495 scripted originals airing in 2018, 160 aired on streaming services. This compares to 146 on broadcast and 144 on basic cable. The last 45 shows aired on pay cable.
The report highlights further that streaming shows account for about one-third of all scripted originals, increasing from 117 last year. Broadcast dropped from 153 last year.
- Warner Music Group Relaunches Sesame Street Records
- The Radio Facts Top 10 Best Black Singing Groups of All Time
- Dog In The Snow Share New Track “Roses”
- 10 R&B Songs that NEVER Die
- Why Men’s Health Month Is So Important
- Latrice Burnette Appointed EVP/GM at Island Records
- EVVIE MCKINNEY SIGNS WITH MOTOWN GOSPEL & CAPITOL CMG
- EDITORS SHARE ACOUSTIC VERSION OF “SMOKERS OUTSIDE THE HOSPITAL DOORS”
- LIFE Share New Track “Switching On”
- Chubb Rock and SiMan Go National with New Syndicated Show