Radio Facts: Spotify launches its new multimedia format, Spotlight, which introduces visual layers to complement the listening experience for podcasts, audiobooks, news, and other audio content. Spotlight gives fans a deeper insight to their favorite artists, playlists, books, publishers and more by offering contextual visual elements, such as photos, video and text, that appear as users move through each episode.
Spotlight will launch with content from the following Spotify partners including BuzzFeed News, Cheddar, Crooked Media, Lenny Letter, Gimlet Media, Genius, The Minefield Girl, Refinery29 and Uninterrupted. Additionally, Spotlight will feature content from some of Spotify’s own original series such as RISE, Secret Genius, Spotify Singles and the new Viva Latino podcast.
“We are excited to launch Spotlight, a new format that merges great storytelling, news, information and opinion with visual elements all delivered in playlist form across a number of content categories,” said Courtney William Holt, Head of Studios and Video. “Playlists play an important role in the daily lives of our users bringing them closer to the creators they love.”
- KJ Bland Exits Service Broadcasting
- POLO G RELEASES NEW ALBUM THE GOAT
- Meet Mandela Young African Fellows
- Documenting Hate: Charlottesville
- YUNG GRAVY RELEASES NEW VIDEO “MAGIC”
- Multiple Promotions At Emmis/New York
- Lauryn Hill Tour Announced Honoring “The Miseducation’s…” Anniversary
- Radio Industry Vet Orlando Davis is Saving Lives by Donating His COVID-19 Antibody-Rich Blood
- Debunking the Myths about Radio DJs
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 365 | Church Pimps Feat. Benny The Butcher