Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. (SBS) is organizing events around Fiestas Patrias, a festival celebrating Mexican Independence and the independence of other Latin American countries (including Belize, Brazil, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Chile), in major cities.
SBS stations in Los Angeles, Chicago, and the Bay Area will all participate in conjunction with community organizations. The focus of the celebrations will be Latin American culture, including live music, traditional food, parades, special appearances by SBS personalities, and family-friendly events.
Events to follow:
• LOS ANGELES- SEPTEMBER 15
Location: Plaza Mexico at Lynwood, Los Angeles, CA.
• SBS’s 97.9FM La Raza celebrates its traditional Fiestas Patrias event with a day celebration featuring entertainment for the whole family. The event will include special appearances by La Raza’s radio personalities Adal Loreto, “Chikilin”, La Cabina Activada and El Carnalillo. Viva Mexico with 97.9FM La Raza.
• LOS ANGELES- SEPTEMBER 15- 16
Location: Downtown Santa Ana at the City of Santa Ana.
• SBS’s Mega 96.3FM celebrates its traditional Fiestas Patrias event with a two-day celebration featuring entertainment for the whole family. The event will include special appearances by Mega’s radio personalities. Also, artists like Adriel Favela, Banda Los Escamilla de Jerez Zacatecas, and Sonora Tropicana will be present for an unforgettable performance.
• BAY AREA- SAN FRANCISCO- SAN JOSE, SEPTEMBER 16
Location: Courthouse Square, Redwood City
• 93.3FM La Raza welcomes the Bay Area’s Hispanic community for an annual Fiesta Patrias cultural celebration. Fiestas Patrias will feature special performances by Los Mismos, Mariachi Mexicanisimo and dance groups Mexico Vivo and Danza Colibri. Courthouse Square will be transformed into a festive, beautiful, and fun setting in celebration of this important patriotic holiday in many Latin countries and Mexican Independence.
Location: RiverEdge Park, City of Aurora
• Located in the heart of Aurora, the free event will feature live music, Mexican traditional cuisine and family activities, including the participation of international artists Los Polo Urías and his Maquinaria Norteña, Grupo Dos Banderas, Christian Zepeda and his Alta Fuerza, Los Dragones de la Cumbia, Mariachi Aztlán and Danza de Viejitos & Chínelos and the best of local groups. La Ley 107.9FM radio personalities will be present sharing these special moments with our Chicago listeners.
- Who Raps Better? Benny or Conway? | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Could this be the Cheapest Woman on the Planet?
- 10 Songs that Basically Said F Monogamy
- Help You Create a New Lifestyle (Demo)
- Craig Ferguson Is Back & Fabulous
- Radio Facts: Vintage Black Comedians, Record Deals and Breaking Records
- Live from the M.I.A. Playlist
- Church Announcements with Bernice Jenkins: Coronavirus Is Affecting The Church [WATCH]
- Signs that it’s Time to Start Your Own Business
- Hot Spot: These Are The Highest Paid Celebrities On Instagram! [WATCH]