Radio Facts: Following a string of recent successes, R&B singer Ella Mai has signed a worldwide deal with Sony/ATV Music Publishing. Beyond her smash hit ‘Boo’d Up’ (peaking at no. 5 on the Billboard Hot 100), Mai has recently received recognition at the 2018 Soul Train Awards and recent Grammy Award nominations.
Speaking on Ella Mai, Sony/ATV Co-President, U.S. Rick Krim has said:
“Ella Mai is an astonishing new talent who has rightly emerged as one of 2018’s biggest breakout artists. We are honored that she has chosen Sony/ATV as her music publisher and we cannot wait to work with her on what promises to be an outstanding career.”
Mai initially auditioned for The X Factor UK as part of a trio, Arize, who did not move past initial auditions and soon broke up. Mai started posting music to Instagram and was discovered by DJ Mustard, who signed her to his label 10 Summers Records in 2016.
- Jamillah Muhammad Celebrating
- New Management At RCA, Atlantic Hope To Continue Streaming Successes
- The Best Evening Bags To Your Dinner Party Lookfa (Demo)
- Washington Redskins Change Name To ‘Washington Football Team’
- Who Raps Better? Benny or Conway? | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Dr. DeForest Soaries Talks Financial Freedom And The DFree Global Foundation
- 11 things that won’t happen in royal societies (Demo)
- R. Kelly ‘Docu-Track’ Admits, Denies and Addresses Everything, Chides Steve Harvey, Tom Joyner and the Industry (audio)
- Kansas City Station Welcomes New Show to Lineup
- SWEDISH ARTIST STRØM DEBUTS NEW SINGLE “LAST TRY”