RISING ALT-R&B ARTIST DROPS NEW TRACK AND MUSIC VIDEO “88 FLOORS”
Alex Harris—the Texas-hailing, Atlanta-based rising alternative R&B singer-songwriter—has shared his latest single and music video for “88 Floors” available now on all digital streaming platforms via Epic Records. CLICK HERE to listen and watch the music video for “88 Floors directed by Spudds McKenzie and King Charles.
Produced by Organic Waves, “88 Floors” serves as the lead single off Harris’ forthcoming debut album and captures the personal sacrifices and struggles that come with one chasing their dreams. Mixed by music industry veteran Edward J. Nixon (DJ Khaled, Jeezy, Rick Ross), all of the elements in “88 Floors” are perfectly placed, offering a clean and detailed mix that captures the key nuances of the vocal and production performances, while incorporating old-school inspired “Boom Bap” driven drums and a smooth bass line that provides the perfect bed for Alex’s cool, laid-back vocals.
On his new single, Alex shares, “It’s a record about following the music. It’s about the time I spent and people I lost chasing a dream I couldn’t afford. It’s a record about putting music before anything in life and dealing with the consequences later.”
Newcomer Alex Harris made his Epic Records debut earlier this year with Pink Cloud, his genre-bending 5-song EP that fuses classic and current pop, hip-hop, alternative, and R&B melodies. Pink Cloud showcases Harris’ heartfelt and poignant lyrics that detail his personal journey as an artist coming into his own. This year alone, Alex has given breakout performances at Atlanta’s acclaimed hip-hop A3C Festival performing on The FADER R&B Stage alongside acts like LION BABE, Pink Sweat$, and Josh Dean as well as at Albania’s Colour Day Festival 2019.
Stream Alex Harris’ debut EP Pink Cloud now.
- ASCAP Launches HBCU Paid Internship Program
- Who Raps Better? Benny or Conway? | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Dr. DeForest Soaries Talks Financial Freedom And The DFree Global Foundation
- 07 Here’s All the Fashion News You Missed This Week (Demo)
- Amazon Music’s Alex Luke wants Alexa in cars
- Netflix Original “Rapture” Launches March 30
- Vince Staple’s Announces New Project
- 100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Playlist
- Walk Off the Earth Announces Album Details
- ‘RAMPAGE’ SMASHES ITS WAY INTO THEATERS TODAY!