Simon Katz has been promoted by Republic Records to be Vice President of A&R and Staff Producer. The announcement was made earlier today by EVP Rob Stevenson.
Since being part of the label as Senior Director of A&R and Staff Producer in 2015, he had signed and developed many artists. Some of the artists include Dagny, Two Feet, and Mondo Cozmo.
Katz is also a songwriter, instrumentalist, and producer. He is also the founder of two bands who are signed with Republic Records.
His first band was Iglu & Hartly. The band released the hit “In This City” in 2009. They performed many shows which includes Coachella Valley Music Festival and Bonnaroo Music Festival.
The second band is Youngblood Hawke, who released their debut album Wake Up in 2013. The album featured their hit single “We Come Running,” which was heavily synced.
The new Vice President of A&R also conceived and oversaw the build of Republic Records Studios in Los Angeles. This has been the site of recording from artist like The Weeknd, Metro Boomin and Amine within its first year of opening in 2017.
Katz is currently based at the label’s Los Angeles office.
- 100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Playlist
- It’s Time To Rethink Your Cleansing Routine (Demo)
- Who Raps Better? Benny or Conway? | The Joe Budden Podcast
- 07 Here’s All the Fashion News You Missed This Week (Demo)
- Dr. DeForest Soaries Talks Financial Freedom And The DFree Global Foundation
- Netflix Original “Rapture” Launches March 30
- Catherine Brewton BMI Vice President, Writer/Publisher Relations Atlanta
- UNSUNG REVIEW: Billy Preston… One Very Sad Show
- NEW SVP OF MARKETING FOR REPUBLIC RECORDS
- A Message From Charlamagne Tha God