Carruth Wants Relationship with Son Chancellor
In 2001 I had an office space in North Hollywood, CA and the entire staff was fixated on the television coverage of the Rae Carruth trial. The former Carolina Panther wide receiver was eventually convicted and went to prison, He was convicted for the conspiracy to murder, the woman who was pregnant with his son Chancellor, Cherica Adams. After Adams was shot 4 times, she managed to call the police and tell that Rae was responsible and had hired someone to shoot her. Her unborn son Chancellor suffered brain damage from the shooting incident and was born with Cerebral Palsy. His mother Cherica, died four weeks after being shot.
In a letter to Cherica’s mother in Feb, Carruth stated that he wants to get to know his son and to take care of him and that he never had any interest in Cherica Adams outside of casual sex. He stated that he is very sorry for all that has happened but that the two were not, as widely publicized, every romantically involved or in a relationship.
Today, Carruth completed his sentence and walked free from the Sampson Correctional Institution in a white Chevy Tahoe and drove away without speaking to an assembly of reporters outside the facility.
Carruth, who states he has found God is nervous about how he will be perceived and what he will do with his life from this point.
- Childish Gambino Cancels Australia Tour
- Washington Redskins Change Name To ‘Washington Football Team’
- The Ordinary Is Launching A Face Mask (Demo)
- Richard Aborn Discusses Citizens Crime Commission Of NYC, Reforming Police Training + More
- “The BOB & TOM Show” Comes to Chicago Radio
- Board of Governors Approves FAMU Reopening Plan
- DAVE EAST ANNOUNCES DEBUT ALBUM, SURVIVAL, TO BE RELEASED ON NOVEMBER 8 VIA DEF JAM RECORDINGS/MASS APPEAL
- HTIAA Names New Officers
- Things you didn’t know about mountains
- Radio Facts 10 Best Black Radio DJs of All Time