Some industry people do a great job of posting compelling content but being over 40 and posting on social media can be a challenge. People over 40 tend to be more private and not willing to put their entire lives on the social media street. I had a great conversation with an industry friend yesterday about the subject.
Person 1: I’m trying to figure out what to post on social media. I see industry people and others constantly posting and many times its too much information. I don’t want people in my business like that.
Kevin: I feel the same way. When you are over 40 you tend to be more private and I wonder if people realize how much they actually reveal about themselves on social media. You really get a lot of information from what people post good and bad.
Person 1: Like what?
Kevin: Some people post really interesting things (for me) like spots to work at in various markets for entrepreneurs or they will post a link to a great article. The best posts seem to be the ones that are about people besides the poster (laugh)
Person 1: I’ve seen people post what they eat! I don’t get that.
Kevin: Wouldn’t it be hilarious if people responded in the opposite responses when people post selfies like, ‘Wow, you look so OLD!’ or ‘I never knew you were so damn UGLY.’ (laugh)
Person 1: (laughing) It’s a catch 22. Everything is based on your social media now even jobs. Perhaps you should have someone post an article on what industry people should post on social media.
Kevin: Good idea.
- 10 Under Appreciated Black Movies
- Cop Hits Black Woman in the Face
- Run The Jewels Speak On Social Awakening, Systemic Change, Police Funding, New Album + More
- Morgan St., Hopkins join national smart home project
- Job Opening: Beasley Media Seeks Operations Manager
- Singer/Rap Pioneer Sylvia “Pillow Talk” Robinson Dies
- Star-Studded Musical Tribute Saluting Aretha Franklin
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 365 | Church Pimps Feat. Benny The Butcher
- UMe Celebrates Record Store Day Black Friday 2018
- Top 10 the odd sport in the world