FEATURING 2018 GRAMMY NOMINEES RAPSODY AND LOGIC
From Mass Appeal, Rapture stares directly into the bright light that hip hop music culture shines on the world and doesn’t blink. Throughout 8 episodes and featuring a diverse swath of artists — Nas and Dave East, T.I., Rapsody, Logic, G-Eazy, A Boogie wit da Hoodie, 2 Chainz and Just Blaze – Rapture dives into the artists’ lives with their families and friends, to sitting front row in the studio and grinding on tour, to experiencing the ecstatic power of moving the crowd.
“Way back, when hip hop music culture was in its gestational phase, the powerful message therein didn’t go much further than the five boroughs of New York City. Today, rap music is the heartbeat of Mother Earth, and Netflix is the embodiment of the eyes from which she sees,” said Sacha Jenkins of Mass Appeal. “It is a great honor for Mass Appeal to work with Netflix to produce our new series Rapture. We’ve been telling hip hop music stories since ’96, and as natives we feel it is our duty to do the movement justice. Rapture is bangin’. Straight up.”
Directors: Sacha Jenkins, Ben Selkow, Geeta Gandbhir, Steven Caple Jr., Marcus A. Clarke, Gabriel Noble. Executive Producers: Peter Bittenbender, Sacha Jenkins, Ben Selkow, Ben Cotner, Zana Lawrence and Lisa Nishimura
- The Best Evening Bags To Your Dinner Party Lookfa (Demo)
- POLO G RELEASES NEW ALBUM THE GOAT
- OH NO! 14 Signs that Your Industry Career is DONE!
- Documenting Hate: Charlottesville
- Fitness and Nutrition for Your Personal Goals!
- Nominations Open for 2020 NAB Technology Awards
- Russ Releases New Video for “NIGHTTIME (Interlude)”
- MALIA CIVETZ RELEASES CLUB REMIX OF "BROKE BOY"
- 2020 Commencement celebrates seven 4.0 scholars
- The Lash-Lengthening Serum That Really Works (Demo)