Yesterday (Nov. 12), news broke that MTV acquired the SnowGlobe Music Festival, expanding its global live event business.
The festival takes place in Lake Tahoe, California from December 29th through December 31st. MTV is hoping to expand the festival to other dates and locations around the world.
Past performances of the SnowGlobe Music Festivals included Kendrick Lamar, Post Malone, and Zedd to name a few.
This year’s year line-up includes Above & Beyond, Diplo, Eric Prydz, Rezz and RL Grimes headlining among 40 other artists.
The new deal is to keep Viacom’s goal of growing its activity in live events. The festival usually draws about 20,000 attendees in the three days, leading to up to New Year’s Eve. The event mixes music acts, extreme winter sports, and art installations.
Chad Donnelly is the CEO of SnowGlobe and founded the festival. The festival began eight years ago. The event has faced some negativity from the community of South Lake Tahoe over damages to public recreational area and noise complaints. Repairs for damages during the 2017 festival cost SnowGlobe $250,000, which was paid to the city.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed. This helps MTV take its next step in expanding beyond cable television.
- 100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Playlist
- XXXTentacion Shot Dead in Miami
- Who Raps Better? Benny or Conway? | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Podcast: The High Price of Negative Energy
- Netflix Original “Rapture” Launches March 30
- UM, OK: K-ci and Jo Jo on Tom Joyner
- It’s Time To Rethink Your Cleansing Routine (Demo)
- KITTEN RELEASES NEW SONG "MY HOUSE" TODAY
- 07 Here’s All the Fashion News You Missed This Week (Demo)
- MTV Acquires The SnowGlobe Music Festival