Radio Facts: Laura Monks has been promoted to general manager of Decca Records, Univeral Music Group has announced today. The label is set to launch a number of major Q4 releases, including from Rod Stewart, Jeff Goldblum, Andrea Bocelli, and Katherine Jenkins.
Monks has spent six years at Decca, and there worked on campaigns for artists like Andrea Bocelli, The Lumineers, and Ball & Boe. Rebecca Allen, President of Decca Records, spoke on Monks’ new opportunity:
“Laura is without doubt one of the most exciting executives in the industry. Her drive, leadership and passion for this business has strengthened Decca as a music company. Laura pushes me as a label Head and always has an eye on our future. She isn’t afraid to challenge and isn’t afraid to debate. I am so ridiculously happy for her and wouldn’t want anyone else by my side taking Decca forward.”
Monks began her career as a digital assistant at EMI Classics and left in 2012 as international digital manager.
- DSU Virtual Research Could Advance COVID vaccine
- Huston-Tillotson to Hold Fifth Green Justice Forum
- FAMU Bragg Stadium COVID-19 Site Closed On Sundays
- Cop Hits Black Woman in the Face
- UNSUNG REVIEW: Billy Preston… One Very Sad Show
- Bird Doesn’t Cooperate, Makes Scene at Funeral (video)
- Baseball Is Back…There Have Been A Few Historic Opening Day Games In Baseball
- Radio Vet Ryan Cameron has Emergency Heart Surgery, in ICU
- Dr. DeForest Soaries Talks Financial Freedom And The DFree Global Foundation
- Louis Vuitton (Demo)