Digital and Radio Facts: Interscope Records has promoted Laura Carter to the position of SVP, Head of Urban Marketing at the label. Carter takes the marketing reins of a department that is experiencing phenomenal success.
Carter joined Interscope in 2008, through the strength of the relationships she built while interning with producer Polow Da Don. Over the next 12 years she has steadily moved up the ranks, working closely with J. Cole and Dreamville and its deep roster of artists on their hugely successful Revenge of the Dreamers franchise, as well as Mustard’s10 Summers label with its successes from Mustard and R&B superstar Ella Mai, along with newcomer Ryan Trey whose first release on the #JUSTAREGULARDAY label is already off to a promising start.
“Laura’s creativity, boldness, and attention to detail shine,” says Interscope Geffen A&M Chairman and CEO John Janick. “Our artists and label partners will be in very capable hands with Laura overseeing the marketing team.”
Ms. Carter commented: “I’m thrilled to be able to continue to contribute to the success of our artists and label partners in a bigger, more collaborative way. I step into this role taking great pride in being trusted and empowered by John Janick, Joie Manda, and Steve Berman to be a voice and leader for the marketing team.”
- KJ Bland Exits Service Broadcasting
- Meet Mandela Young African Fellows
- BMI And The RMLC Settle Rate Dispute
- Radio Industry Vet Orlando Davis is Saving Lives by Donating His COVID-19 Antibody-Rich Blood
- HTIAA Names New Officers
- Documenting Hate: Charlottesville
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 365 | Church Pimps Feat. Benny The Butcher
- Gary’s Tea: Lil Duval Sued Over “Stealing” Hit Song “Smile (Living My Best Life)” [WATCH]
- Debunking the Myths about Radio DJs
- YouTube Expands Coachella Partnership