LAUNCH OF AFRICAN AMERICAN PARENTING WEBSITE DELIVERS EXPERT ADVICE AND CLASSES
First Of Its Kind Site Offers Support And Help
LOS ANGELES, CA—In the late 1970s, the non-profit Center for the Improvement of Child Caring (CICC) created, and began training instructors to deliver, what has become the most widely used parenting program for African Americans, the Effective Black Parenting Program. Over a million African American parents have already been helped in raising happy, healthy and successful children, because they have enrolled in classes that teach the values, ideas and techniques of this national model program.
Now, for the first time, there is a website that is devoted totally to that program and it’s many benefits to parents and children. The new website is www.africanamericanparenting.
The website details how and why the program was created and indicates all the African American parenting authorities who were involved in its creation.
The website presents never-before available research findings that led to including in the program:
1. How parents can build a Pyramid of Success for Black Children by modeling and reinforcing positive character traits.
2. How parents can learn and use Effective Praising, and other techniques of the Modern Black Self-Discipline Approach, to gain the cooperation and respect of their children. This modern approach provides a non-violent alternative to the Traditional Black Discipline Approach where physical punishment is used primarily.
3. How parents can learn and connect the positive parenting techniques and ideas of the program to relevant African Proverbs such as “When the heart overflows, it comes out through the mouth” and “A shepherd does not strike his sheep”.
The website further provides research findings on how the program improves child-parent relations and decreases child behavior problems. How to bring the program to a community is done by having more instructors trained through professionally-led workshops.
As Dr. Kerby Alvy, the founder and director of the 43-year-old CICC, states, “The existence and use of the Effective Black Parenting Program clearly shows that ‘Black Lives Matter’. And further shows that Black parents care enough to learn how to do the best job possible in raising their children.”
The next workshop to train instructors is scheduled for the week of March 5-9, 2018 in Merced, CA. Information about this workshop and how to enroll can be found on the Blog page of the CICC website: www.ciccparenting.org
- Cop Hits Black Woman in the Face
- Run The Jewels Speak On Social Awakening, Systemic Change, Police Funding, New Album + More
- UMe Celebrates Record Store Day Black Friday 2018
- Top 10 the odd sport in the world
- Job Opening: Beasley Media Seeks Operations Manager
- Morgan St., Hopkins join national smart home project
- Singer/Rap Pioneer Sylvia “Pillow Talk” Robinson Dies
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 365 | Church Pimps Feat. Benny The Butcher
- Star-Studded Musical Tribute Saluting Aretha Franklin