KIANA LEDÉ’S KIKI DEBUTS TOP 5 ON BILLBOARD
Delivering a critically acclaimed R&B phenomenon, gold-selling Phoenix-raised and Los Angeles-based artist KIANA LEDÉ rules multiple charts this week. Her anxiously awaited full-length debut, KIKI, bows in the Top 5 of the Billboard Top R&B Albums Chart, Top 5 of the Apple Music R&B/Soul Albums Chart, Top 5 of the iTunes R&B/Soul Albums Chart, and Top 10 of the Apple Music Overall Albums Chart. Meanwhile, it has impressively gathered over 38 million worldwide streams to date. The album was Executive Produced by longtime collaborator Mike Woods [Rice N’ Peas] and The Heavy Group, while she co-wrote the entire project as well.
Get it HERE via Republic Records.
Additionally, KIKI received widespread tastemaker praise fromELLE, Billboard, Highsnobiety, Refinery29, Vibe, and more. She also shared the visuals to her new track “Chocolate” [feat. Ari Lenox]. It’s the first official music video shot entirely on Facetime, during this self-isolation period.
Watch it HERE.
Just who is Kiana Ledé? On the one hand, you know her as a fierce and fiery force in R&B responsible for bangers such as the gold-certified “EX,” “Fairplay,” and “Bouncin’” [feat. Offset] with nearly 200 million streams and praise from Refinery29, Complex, Vibe, Billboard, ROLLACOASTER Magazine, and more to her name. On the other hand, you may recognize her from series such as Scream and All About The Washingtons. But, who is she? “KIKI,” she answers. On her aptly titled full-length debut, she reveals every side of herself: the vulnerability, the vitality, the anger, the lust, the loyalty, the joy, the darkness, and the truth as evinced on song.
Long before all of this, the songstress “from South Phoenix with Black, Mexican, Native American, and White ancestry” grew up between divorced parents. She played classical instruments and competed in pageants—but popped wheelies on dirt bikes and got under the hood to fix a car or two. Eventually, an adventurous spirit carried her from Arizona to Los Angeles where she began a journey that comes full circle in 2020.
- Childish Gambino Cancels Australia Tour
- Blacks Asked to Leave Wild Wing Cafe because White Customer Felt Threatened
- Washington Redskins Change Name To ‘Washington Football Team’
- Things you didn’t know about mountains
- Richard Aborn Discusses Citizens Crime Commission Of NYC, Reforming Police Training + More
- Board of Governors Approves FAMU Reopening Plan
- “The BOB & TOM Show” Comes to Chicago Radio
- Radio Facts: New Study Highlights Movie and TV Streaming Sites’ Increasing Dominance
- HTIAA Names New Officers
- DAVE EAST ANNOUNCES DEBUT ALBUM, SURVIVAL, TO BE RELEASED ON NOVEMBER 8 VIA DEF JAM RECORDINGS/MASS APPEAL