The forthcoming 91st Oscars finally has announced their host: comedian and actor Kevin Hart. It will be his first time emceeing the event, and the show will be overseen by first-time producers Donna Gigliotti and Glenn Weiss.
“I will be sure to make this years Oscars a special one, now it’s time to rise to the occasion,” the comedian wrote in an Instagram post. He continued:
“I appreciate @TheAcademy for the opportunity. For years I have been asked if I would ever Host the Oscars and my answer was always the same…I said that it would be the opportunity of a lifetime for me as a comedian and that it will happen when it’s suppose to.”
The last two Oscar ceremonies were hosted by Jimmy Kimmel and produced by Michael De Luca and Jennifer Todd. In both years ratings dropped, with the last year marking a record-low 26.5 million viewers. This year’s Oscars air Sunday, Feb. 24th on ABC.
- Cop Hits Black Woman in the Face
- Run The Jewels Speak On Social Awakening, Systemic Change, Police Funding, New Album + More
- Top 10 the odd sport in the world
- Job Opening: Beasley Media Seeks Operations Manager
- Morgan St., Hopkins join national smart home project
- Singer/Rap Pioneer Sylvia “Pillow Talk” Robinson Dies
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 365 | Church Pimps Feat. Benny The Butcher
- Star-Studded Musical Tribute Saluting Aretha Franklin
- UMe Celebrates Record Store Day Black Friday 2018