BMI has a newly appointed Managing Director of European Society Relations – Karen Buse. Previously Buse held a distinguished 28-year career as a PRS for Music executive and will be joining BMI effective immediately in this newly created role.
Her position will involve Buse working with European and global performing rights organizations to maximize BMI’s international revenue, improve business practices, and find new growth opportunities in the changing European rights landscape. She will be based out of London and report to Ann Sweeney, Senior VP of International and Global Policy.
“I have known and worked with Karen for many years and have always admired her depth of experience in collective rights management and her excellent relationships throughout the global performing rights community. We are thrilled to have her join our team, which will only further enhance our relationships with the many international sister societies that are so important to BMI.”
Despite the major changes in Europe BMI is well positioned moving forward, recently breaking revenue records and generating $1.199 billion for the fiscal year ending June 30. It additionally distributed a record $1.118 billion in royalties to its songwriters, composers, and publishers–9% higher than the previous year.
- New Management At RCA, Atlantic Hope To Continue Streaming Successes
- Washington Redskins Change Name To ‘Washington Football Team’
- Who Raps Better? Benny or Conway? | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Dr. DeForest Soaries Talks Financial Freedom And The DFree Global Foundation
- Jamillah Muhammad Celebrating
- Don’t Miss Our University Preview Day
- 11 things that won’t happen in royal societies (Demo)
- Netflix Cancels “She’s Gotta Have it”
- 100.3 RNB Welcomes Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- Video of Cornelius Fredericks will be Released