Warner/Chappell Publishing’s Katie Vinten and songwriter Justin Tranter are partnering with Warner Bros. Records to launch a new label. Vinten, who had served the company as co-head of A&R, will also serve as A&R Consultant to Warner Bros. Records and will continue working with a carefully chosen roster of songwriters.
Tranter is the former lead singer of the glam-punk band Semi Precious Weapons and has been extremely successful as a songwriter, having penned songs like Justin Bieber’s ‘Sorry’, Selena Gomez’ ‘Bad Liar’, and Fall Out Boy’s ‘Centuries’.
Warner Bros. Records Co-Chairman & CEO Aaron Bay-Schuck said of the pair:
“Justin is a true visionary and one of the greatest songwriters in the game, with a remarkable ability to bring the best out of people. Justin is a fierce champion for artists and their songwriting peers, takes risks, dares to be different, and fights daily for the causes they believe in, both within and outside the scope of the music business. Katie is a brilliant A&R person who has been the guiding force behind an incredible roster of chart-topping songwriters, Justin among them. To be able to partner with both of them in their mission to identify and develop the next generation of superstars is an honor and a privilege for all of us at Warner Bros. Records.”
- Run The Jewels Speak On Social Awakening, Systemic Change, Police Funding, New Album + More
- Cop Hits Black Woman in the Face
- Morgan St., Hopkins join national smart home project
- Singer/Rap Pioneer Sylvia “Pillow Talk” Robinson Dies
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 365 | Church Pimps Feat. Benny The Butcher
- Star-Studded Musical Tribute Saluting Aretha Franklin
- UMe Celebrates Record Store Day Black Friday 2018
- Top 10 the odd sport in the world
- Job Opening: Beasley Media Seeks Operations Manager