It has recently been reported that Jon Platt, Chairman/CEO of Warner/Chappell Music, will be leaving before year’s end.
Industry insiders expect Platt to helm Sony/ATV to succeed Martin Bandier, whose contract expires in April of 2019.
Internal memos obtained by Variety comment on the departure. In the memos, Warner Music Chief Steve Cooper notes:
‘As some of you have heard from JON PLATT, he will be leaving WARNER/CHAPPELL before the end of this calendar year. An announcement will be made in due course about where he’s headed…
‘WARNER/CHAPPELL is a very different company than the one he joined in 2012, and he leaves it well positioned for continued growth and change…
‘While we identify a new CEO, JON will work with COO CARIANNE MARSHALL and the senior management team to ensure a smooth transition. With the WARNER/CHAPPELL U.S. team’s upcoming move to our new L.A. HQ, we have a great opportunity to build on our strong momentum.’
Expect future updates as details become more widely available.
- 100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Playlist
- TIFF DirectTV and AT&T Event Pics
- XXXTentacion Shot Dead in Miami
- Who Raps Better? Benny or Conway? | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Podcast: The High Price of Negative Energy
- Netflix Original “Rapture” Launches March 30
- UM, OK: K-ci and Jo Jo on Tom Joyner
- It’s Time To Rethink Your Cleansing Routine (Demo)
- KITTEN RELEASES NEW SONG "MY HOUSE" TODAY
- 07 Here’s All the Fashion News You Missed This Week (Demo)