UPDATE: George states that his inusrance company has agreed to cover his losses. This is great news. Read the previous story below. He has taken down his Go-Fund-Me page.
George Daniels better known as Uncle George is an icon not only in Chicago but across the country. In 1969, George opened George’s Music Room in Chicago and has been a pillar of strength and support in the community. As the music industry began to evolve from vinyl to digital, George decided to pivot his music retail expertise to libations with his latest venture, George’s Beverage Depot in 2018. As a veteran businessman and entrepreneur, George found a location and built his first store.
As protests rage across the United States, calling for an end to police brutality and justice for the murder of George Floyd, the city outlook changed. Unfortunately, the peaceful riots turned violent in Chicago during the weekend of May 29th and caused devastating damage to the store. The entire establishment had been vandalized and robbed. $1.2 million worth of inventory stolen and/or destroyed, registers and safe stolen; both had cash in them, ATM broken into and cash stolen, security gates were destroyed, entryway glass shattered, coolers shattered, shelving destroyed and our employees are out of work. Being a black owned business, and someone who is dedicated to community, it is heartbreaking to see all his hard work and dedication destroyed.
After discussing with the insurance company he found out that the insurance will only cover a portion of what it will cost to rebuild and reopen. He is asking for your help to bring back George’s Beverage Depot!
- HAVES AND THE HAVE NOTS Season Premiere on OWN
- Childish Gambino Cancels Australia Tour
- The Ordinary Is Launching A Face Mask (Demo)
- The Undeniable Top 12 Best Black Female Singers of All Time?
- HTIAA Names New Officers
- Board of Governors Approves FAMU Reopening Plan
- Things you didn’t know about mountains
- Washington Redskins Change Name To ‘Washington Football Team’
- Radio Facts: New Study Highlights Movie and TV Streaming Sites’ Increasing Dominance
- Richard Aborn Discusses Citizens Crime Commission Of NYC, Reforming Police Training + More