Today Warner/Chappell Music Publishing announced Guy Moot as its new Co-Chair and CEO. Moot will be running the company with COO Carianne Marshall, also promoted to Co-Chair.
Moot will be leaving his post as Sony/ATV Music president of worldwide creative. He replaces Jon Platt, who will be leading to take the top position at Sony/ATV when Martin Bandier’s contract expires in March.
Moot and Marshall will report to Warner Music chief Steve Cooper. In a memo obtained by Variety, Cooper notes:
“This leadership duo will be unlike any other in music publishing, and help us emphasize our unique approach at Warner/Chappell. It will give us real creative and commercial advantages as we sign and develop a new generation of world-class hit-makers, open up fresh opportunities for our legendary catalog, and mentor a winning team. Guy and Carianne are inspiring, innovative execs who have championed many of the world’s greatest songwriters, while being passionate advocates for the value of music and proponents of new technology. They bring beautifully complementary talents and experiences to the Warner/Chappell culture – with Guy’s visionary A&R strength backed by outstanding global operational expertise, and Carianne’s entrepreneurial business savvy coupled with impeccable creative instincts.”
- The Best Evening Bags To Your Dinner Party Lookfa (Demo)
- The Lash-Lengthening Serum That Really Works (Demo)
- Blue Note Jazz Festival Announced for “Sony Hall”
- David Linton Named PD of WCLK in Atlanta
- Former Radio DJ Asking the Industry for Help
- CARLY PEARCE & LEE BRICE’S “I HOPE YOU’RE HAPPY NOW” MUSIC VIDEO
- BMG signs deal with sampling service Tracklib
- He Locked Eyes with HT and Never Looked Back
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 364 | Apodogy
- Delia Orjuela Vice President of Latin Music, BMI