Brent Faiyaz Feels “The Terms” have more value than the Money
Following in the footsteps of Chance the Rapper and his manager Pat “The Manager” Corcoran, 22-year-old singer Brent Faiyaz and his manager Ty Baisden are calling the shots for his career as an independent. The young duo has taken it upon themselves to learn how the music and radio industry works as well as business to form their own partnership and company to fund their own project.
Ironically, a girl I went to high school in Buffalo, NY with named Ani DeFranco spent her entire career as an independent in the days before streaming and social media but just CDs and Vinyl.
Streaming has made this concept more appealing to new artists who feel they don’t need to be in the industry system to break or at least they have more control when the industry comes to them instead of the opposite.
After making a $30,000 investment for his own album Faiyaz got a huge return on his investment after being featured in a YouTube video that got close to 70 million views. See the video and his story below.
Reporter Ceriste Castle, Source ViceNews
- Radio Facts 10 Best Black Radio DJs of All Time
- Childish Gambino Cancels Australia Tour
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 364 | Apodogy
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 365 | Church Pimps Feat. Benny The Butcher
- Blacks Asked to Leave Wild Wing Cafe because White Customer Felt Threatened
- Hot Spot: These Are The Highest Paid Celebrities On Instagram! [WATCH]
- Virtual reality tool developed to untangle genes
- Gail Mitchell, KJLH Radio and Dick Griffey Honored
- Washington Redskins Change Name To ‘Washington Football Team’