Facebook announced that they will be rolling out new music features to improve the user’s experience.
Users will now be able to add music to their photos and videos by adding a music sticker. The pictures and videos could either be shared on your News Feed or your Facebook Stories.
To use the feature and add a song, you can either take a photo or video from the Facebook camera or scroll through your camera roll to choose one. Then tap on the sticker icon and select the music sticker. After you choose a song, you can pick the part of the song you want, and then the sticker is added to the post with the artist and song name. It works the same way as Instagram Stories, which the feature was introduced in June.
Another feature that Facebook is expanding, is their Lip Sync Live. The feature is expanding to Pages, where creator and artists can use the feature and connect with their fans. Artist can use this to promote singles.
Lip Sync Live will also be adding onscreen lyrics, so users will be able to perform their own renditions of their favorite songs.
Lastly, Facebook will be launching another new music feature where users can add songs to their profiles. Users can choose the song they want to display on their profile, showing other users what they are currently into, or share their favorite songs. Visitors will be able to view and listen to the song and have the option to add it to their profile or be taken to the artist’s page.
Facebook is continuing to build licensing deals for songs with record labels and music publishers. Once the features are launched, millions of songs will be available for users of Facebook’s iOS and Androids apps to use.
The new features will be available for users in the U.S., Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- 100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Playlist
- MTV Acquires The SnowGlobe Music Festival
- 07 Here’s All the Fashion News You Missed This Week (Demo)
- Who Raps Better? Benny or Conway? | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Podcast: The High Price of Negative Energy
- KITTEN RELEASES NEW SONG "MY HOUSE" TODAY
- Netflix Original “Rapture” Launches March 30
- It’s Time To Rethink Your Cleansing Routine (Demo)
- Cookbooks To Help You Eat More Sustainably (Demo)
- Walk Off the Earth Announces Album Details