Radio Facts: Entercom, a leading media and entertainment company and the unrivaled leader in sports radio, has named Terry Foxx as Brand Manager for WFNZ (WFNZ-AM/FM), Charlotte’s sports leader, the flagship station of the Charlotte Hornets, and the Virginia Tech Hokies affiliate in the Piedmont, effective immediately.
“Terry brings a wealth of experience architecting leading sports radio brands and will help usher in a new era of growth for WFNZ,” said Matt Hanlon, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, Entercom Charlotte. “The station serves as an extremely important sports and lifestyle brand for the people of Charlotte, who rely on us to be informative, timely, relevant and entertaining. Terry’s leadership will be instrumental and we’re looking forward to adding him to the team.”
“I’m very excited to join Entercom Charlotte and the great team at WFNZ,” said Foxx. “Charlotte is a great city full of passionate sports fans and I look forward to enhancing their sports radio home with unparalleled content and in-depth discussion. I want to thank Matt for this incredible opportunity, along with Doug Abernethy [Regional President, Entercom].”
Terry joins WFNZ after serving as Brand Manager for 92.9 The Game (WZGC-FM) in Atlanta, a station he helped launch after joining in 2012. During his stint, Foxx led the station into multiple partnerships with all of the area’s professional and college sports organizations. Prior to his time in Atlanta, Foxx launched sister station 93.7 The Fan (KDKA-FM), Pittsburgh’s first ever 24/7 sports brand. In this capacity, Foxx developed relationships with the Pittsburgh sports community and honed his craft of content management while creating a unique sports brand in a marketplace. Foxx also previously served as a Program Director for ESPN Radio in Bristol, CT.
- Cop Hits Black Woman in the Face
- Run The Jewels Speak On Social Awakening, Systemic Change, Police Funding, New Album + More
- Richard Aborn Discusses Citizens Crime Commission Of NYC, Reforming Police Training + More
- Gary’s Tea: Lil Duval Sued Over “Stealing” Hit Song “Smile (Living My Best Life)” [WATCH]
- The Best Street Style From Australian Fashion Week (Demo)
- Morgan St., Hopkins join national smart home project
- Singer/Rap Pioneer Sylvia “Pillow Talk” Robinson Dies
- Job Opening: Beasley Media Seeks Operations Manager
- Star-Studded Musical Tribute Saluting Aretha Franklin
- UMe Celebrates Record Store Day Black Friday 2018