Company’s Exclusive Digital Platform Reaches Record 40 Million Monthly Active Users Across Streaming Audio, Video and Web Platforms, Plus Record 28 Million Unique Listeners Across Podcast Network
Radio Facts: Entercom today announced a new record 40 million monthly active users and substantial year-over-year growth for RADIO.COM, a leading digital audio and content platform that is the exclusive digital home for all Entercom content across its leading portfolio of 235 stations, along with hundreds of affiliate stations, thousands of top podcasts, live and on-demand video, and premium content across local and national news, entertainment, music and sports in markets all across the U.S.
RADIO.COM achieved year-over-year growth of 63% across all devices including mobile, smart speakers and desktop, with its web platform more than doubling its visitor base, up 107% year-over-year.
With a diverse mix of content across sports, local news, music, and entertainment, as well as robust live and on-demand audio and video offerings, RADIO.COM has also exceeded industry norms in engagement. Year-over-year highlights include:
- 22% increase in total listening hours, the eighth straight month of double-digit growth
- 90% year-over-year spike in listenership on smart speakers, with 27% month-over-month growth.
- The recently launched, first-of-its-kind RADIO.COM REWIND feature on the platform’s leading sports, news, and talk stations generated a lift of up to 17% in total listening hours on enabled stations, as this technological innovation transforms the way audiences consume and engage with broadcast radio
- 122% growth in video consumption across the platform, with RADIO.COM LIVE producing over 4,000 hours of live music and sports video content in March, an 18% year-to-date increase
RADIO.COM has developed into a valuable and attractive home for advertisers, as 70% of the platform’s streamers are between the ages of 25-54, 61% of the audience comes from households with over $50,000 income, and over one-quarter have a household income over $100,000.1
As previously reported, Entercom’s Podcast network, which includes Cadence13 and Pineapple Street Studios, reached 28 million unique listeners during the month of March and included multiple top 10 shows.2
“We are so incredibly proud of our team, and grateful to our listeners, readers, and viewers for letting us serve and entertain them during this critical time,” said J.D. Crowley, Chief Digital Officer, Entercom. “The record audience and engagement numbers we’re reporting today across RADIO.COM and the podcast network, demonstrate the quality and relevance of our content, strong brands, and powerful distribution, and underscores the durability of digital audio’s growth.”
1 Source: Quantcast, March 2020
2 Source: Triton, March 2020
- Jamillah Muhammad Celebrating
- "Club Quarantine" Legend D-Nice Teaching Master Class
- Amazon Music’s Alex Luke wants Alexa in cars
- Don’t Miss Our University Preview Day
- ASCAP Launches HBCU Paid Internship Program
- Vince Staple’s Announces New Project
- Measures Should be Taken to Assure Good Senior Health
- The Breakfast Club Radio Show Interviews Nipsey Hussle
- New Management At RCA, Atlantic Hope To Continue Streaming Successes
- iHeartMedia Tampa Bay Welcomes “THEjoeSHOW” To 93.3 FLZ