Elektra Music Group, a newly formed stand-alone music company under Warner Music Group, is set to launch on Oct. 1 and has announced two additions to its A&R Team, Will McDonald (above, left) and Shawn Cohen (above, right). McDonald and Cohen will report to Elektra Music Group Co-Presidents Mike Easterlin and Gregg Nadel.
Will McDonald has joined as Elektra’s Vice President, spending the past decade with the Nashville independent-label Dualtone Music Group. At Dualtone, McDonald was instrumental in signing most of its roster including acts like the Lumineers and Shakey Graves. Shawn Cohen is joining as Senior Director, most recently working as an A&R consultant who signed the chart-topping The Revivalists.
Elektra Music Group will include Elektra, Fueled By Ramen (RBR), Roadrunner, Low Country Sound, and Black Cement Records, all of which will be promoted as independent label brands. Its roster will include Twenty One Pilots, Fitz and the Tantrums, Paramore, Slipknot, Coheed and Cambria, Gojira, and others.
- Childish Gambino Cancels Australia Tour
- Washington Redskins Change Name To ‘Washington Football Team’
- Things you didn’t know about mountains
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 364 | Apodogy
- Board of Governors Approves FAMU Reopening Plan
- Radio Facts 10 Best Black Radio DJs of All Time
- Richard Aborn Discusses Citizens Crime Commission Of NYC, Reforming Police Training + More
- “The BOB & TOM Show” Comes to Chicago Radio
- DAVE EAST ANNOUNCES DEBUT ALBUM, SURVIVAL, TO BE RELEASED ON NOVEMBER 8 VIA DEF JAM RECORDINGS/MASS APPEAL
- HTIAA Names New Officers