Radio Facts: Dubset Media, a company bringing transparency, control, and DJ mix royalties to music rightsholders, announced today its strategic relationship with HFA’s Rumblefish, the best-in-class music licensing and administration company, that will, for the first time, enable the registration and tracking of mechanical royalties for DJ mixes and remixes.
The arrangement enables a turnkey royalty payment system between the music publishers that license DJ mixes and the digital music services that generate royalties for their use of this content through the use of Rumblefish’s infrastructure.
“Publishing administration for DJ mixes and remixes has historically been a very manual, painful process,” said Stephen White, CEO of Dubset. “This strategic relationship represents a major milestone in our efforts to construct a comprehensive royalty tracking and payment system for DJ mixes and remixes in the modern music business. Dubset and Rumblefish can now administer DJ mixes and remixes in the same way they do standard mechanical royalties, without having to implement any new processes or systems.”
“Our relationship with Dubset reinforces Rumblefish as the database of record for the music publishing community. It will enhance our collection and distribution of mechanical royalties generated by streaming mixes and remixes on digital music services,” said Michael Simon, President of Rumblefish. “We’re thrilled with this new arrangement.”
Mix, remixes and other user-generated content containing rights-protected musical compositions and sound recordings continue to be produced at a staggering rate, some estimating in excess of ten million hours per year. Dubset’s proprietary MixBANK™ platform ensures that mix and remix content is properly cleared and administered.
- 100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Playlist
- It’s Time To Rethink Your Cleansing Routine (Demo)
- 07 Here’s All the Fashion News You Missed This Week (Demo)
- Who Raps Better? Benny or Conway? | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Dr. DeForest Soaries Talks Financial Freedom And The DFree Global Foundation
- KITTEN RELEASES NEW SONG "MY HOUSE" TODAY
- Netflix Original “Rapture” Launches March 30
- Catherine Brewton BMI Vice President, Writer/Publisher Relations Atlanta
- UNSUNG REVIEW: Billy Preston… One Very Sad Show
- NEW SVP OF MARKETING FOR REPUBLIC RECORDS