Former Beats Partner Wins $25 Million Settlement
The Unfortunate Life of “The Idea Guy” These stories are very typical.
A former partner of Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine states that he helped to create Beats headphones and was not compensated for his efforts in the form or royalties has sued Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine and won a settlement. Originally Steven Lamar was asking for $100 Million but he was granted 25 million yesterday in court.
Both Dr Dre and Iovine were present during the trial. Lamar claimed he took the idea for the headphones to Dre and Iovine in 2006. Then the parties had a falling out after the initial headphones were created. Lamar sued in 2014 and the case was thrown out of court. The case was subsequently reviewed by an appeals court that felt Lamar did indeed have grounds to sue.
Dre and Iovine stated that Lamar was only entitled to royalties from the original headphones but the jury disagreed and felt that Lamar was entitled to royalties on three headphone models. There is more than likely a chance that this is not over. The headphones
- Who Raps Better? Benny or Conway? | The Joe Budden Podcast
- ASCAP Launches HBCU Paid Internship Program
- "Club Quarantine" Legend D-Nice Teaching Master Class
- Dr. DeForest Soaries Talks Financial Freedom And The DFree Global Foundation
- The Fashion Statement of 2020: Protective Face Masks
- Netflix Original “Rapture” Launches March 30
- Amazon Music’s Alex Luke wants Alexa in cars
- Vince Staple’s Announces New Project
- KBLX Announces Lineup for Stone Soul Concert
- Women of Color in Media Website Up