Delmar Powell has been appointed to be Vice President of A&R for Downtown Music Publishing.
Powell will be responsible for scouting and singing new artist. He will also look to sign new songwriters and producers. In addition, Powell will create opportunities for Downtown clients and copyrights in the global marketplace.
Before Downtown, he worked as Director, A&R Urban at Republic Records. There he signed and developed Marc E. Bassy. Bassy has a hit single, “You & Me” featuring G-Eazy, that became platinum and surpassed over 300 million streams worldwide.
He also worked with many other artists at Republic. Some of the artists he’s worked with are Hailee Steinfeld, Kiana Lede, Natalie LaRose, and Zendaya.
Powell worked and held positions at Atlantic Records, TVT Records, and Jive Records.
- ASCAP Launches HBCU Paid Internship Program
- Measures Should be Taken to Assure Good Senior Health
- The Fashion Statement of 2020: Protective Face Masks
- "Club Quarantine" Legend D-Nice Teaching Master Class
- Amazon Music’s Alex Luke wants Alexa in cars
- Vince Staple’s Announces New Project
- KBLX Announces Lineup for Stone Soul Concert
- Women of Color in Media Website Up
- Spotify Launches Program Allowing Artists’ Direct Uploads Via ‘Spotify For Artists’
- E.W. Scripts Sells Radio Stations