Cassette Week Begins Today; Runs Through October 13, 2018 Leading Up To Cassette Store Day Add Complete List Of Japanese, UK, and US 2018 Cassette Store Day Releasees To Your Discogs Wantlist
PORTLAND, OR October 8, 2018 – Today, Discogs, the world’s foremost Database, Marketplace, and Community for physical music, launches Cassette Week (October 8-13, 2018). Cassette Week celebrates the humble cassette format throughout the week, leading up to Cassette Store Day (Japan, UK, USA) taking place on Saturday, October 13, 2018, around the world. Cassette Week begins with The Cassette Resurgence: An Apple, An Van, And The Go by Sean Bohrman (Burger Records). Other features throughout the week will feature Ben Blackwell (Third Man Records) laying out why cassettes are the new 45s, while uncovering the oldest documented recording of Jack White; and underground radio legend Bobbito Garcia breaking down how cassettes spread hip-hop culture, and his radio show, all around the globe.
CASSETTE WEEK 2018
Cassette Week culminates with Cassette Store Day happening at records stores around the world. The Discogs Database listings for official Cassette Store Day releases will allow fans to create their Wantlist ahead of Cassette Store Day and get notifications of CSD release availability post-CSD from trusted Discogs Sellers. With Cassette sales growth at 29.54% from 2016 to 2017 and at 35.19% thus far in 2018 in the Discogs Marketplace, the Cassette resurgence is officially here!
- ASCAP Launches HBCU Paid Internship Program
- Measures Should be Taken to Assure Good Senior Health
- Amazon Music’s Alex Luke wants Alexa in cars
- Vince Staple’s Announces New Project
- "Club Quarantine" Legend D-Nice Teaching Master Class
- RF Focus 2018 Top Urban Radio Station List
- Rosanne’s Melt Down Caught on Video
- Spotify Launches Program Allowing Artists’ Direct Uploads Via ‘Spotify For Artists’
- Emmis Announces Third-Quarter Earnings Call
- Industry Vet Guy Brody Succumbs to Cancer