So we have no problem with the idea of removing the all-encompassing “Urban” from the industry AND simply REPLACING it with what it is and who we are … “BLACK.”
This is our choice as a black-owned company. We have removed 3234 references to Urban on the site and replaced the term with “Black.” We agree that Urban is vague and not really descriptive of the Black experience and while there is no question that several industry companies are moving AWAY from Black references by eliminating the term (which is actually an insult over a compliment) we are moving closer to it.
Black is not only symbolic of Strength, Beauty, Power, Creativity, Resilience, and Countless Inventions and Contributions … Black is absolutely still Beautiful. We have no problem saying the word BLACK and we hope the industry sees the benefit of our change and follows suit … but we won’t hold our breath (lol).
- Dog In The Snow Share New Track “Roses”
- 10 R&B Songs that NEVER Die
- Warner Music Group Relaunches Sesame Street Records
- The Radio Facts Top 10 Best Black Singing Groups of All Time
- How To Stop Hay Fever Ruining Your Skin This Summer (Demo)
- Moonves Out as CBS CEO
- WBC Boxing Champion Deontay Wilder stars in MAGNUM P.I.
- Langston Hughes’ Ask Your Mama: Twelve Moods for Jazz
- Success is not a good Teacher failure makes you Humble (Demo)
- BMI Re-Elects Six Members of its Board of Directors