Radio Facts: CUMULUS MEDIA announces that its Dallas, TX, radio stations NewsTalk 820AM/WBAP and News & Information 570AM/KLIF have won a total of four awards in the 2019 Texas Associated Press Broadcasters (TAPB) Contest. WBAP’s Clayton Neville captured 1st Place for Spot News by a Reporter. WBAP also received 2nd Place for Spot Coverage-Station for “North Dallas Tornado Breaking News”. WBAP’s Brian Estridge won 1st Place for Sports Play-by-Play. KLIF Anchors Dave Wiliams and Amy Chodroff took 1st Place honors in the News Anchor or Anchor Team category.
The annual contest featured newscasts, sportscasts, features, weathercasts, spot news and video from 2019. The Associated Press is a not-for-profit news cooperative representing 1,400 newspapers and 5,000 broadcast stations in the United States.
Dan Bennett, Regional Vice President, Cumulus Dallas/Houston, said: “We are incredibly proud of our news team, News Director Freda Ross and Program Director Kevin Graham. These awards recognize the exceptional talent of our news team and the highest standards of excellence they maintain in serving our listeners and community.”
For the full list of winners, please visit: http://discover.ap.org/contests/texas-broadcast.
- Dog In The Snow Share New Track “Roses”
- Hot Spot: These Are The Highest Paid Celebrities On Instagram! [WATCH]
- Warner Music Group Relaunches Sesame Street Records
- Migos Are Having Legal Issues with Quality Control | The Joe Budden Podcast
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 365 | Church Pimps Feat. Benny The Butcher
- Radio Broadcaster Dies after Getting Out of Stalled Van
- J. Cole Announces Special Guests For His Upcoming ‘KOD’ Tour
- EVVIE MCKINNEY SIGNS WITH MOTOWN GOSPEL & CAPITOL CMG
- DeDe McGuire Syndicated Radio Host Compass Media Networks
- Moonves Out as CBS CEO