AM/FM Simulcast Expands Reach of New Mexico’s #1 Radio Station to All of Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Adjacent Suburbs
CUMULUS MEDIA announces that Newsradio KKOB in Albuquerque, NM, will broadcast on a full market FM signal at 96.3, in addition to its 770 AM signal, significantly expanding the reach of New Mexico’s #1 radio station. The FM signal will cover all of Albuquerque, as well as Santa Fe and the adjacent suburbs. The KKOB AM/FM simulcast goes live today at 9:00am MST, and includes local hosts Bob Clark in the morning, former Bernalillo County Sheriff Darren White in middays, afternoons with TJ Trout, and evening host Brandon Vogt.
The addition of a full-strength FM marks an evolution of the KKOB brand, to include new branding, a new logo, and the addition of a full 30-minute morning newscast, “The KKOB Morning Briefing”, which will debut on Monday, January 13, 2020, at 5:00am.
Jeff Berry, Vice President/Market Manager, Cumulus Albuquerque, said: “KKOB is approaching its 100th year of serving New Mexico and what better way to celebrate than to expand our platform to a full strength 100,000 watt FM signal?”
Berry added: “The KKOB News Radio ‘Blowtorch’ will be blasted on both AM and FM signals, giving New Mexicans easy access for news, information, UNM football and basketball and the best on-air talent in the business. This is a huge win for our listeners, advertisers and partners.”
Jared Hart, Operations Manager – Spoken Word, Cumulus Albuquerque, commented: “I feel fortunate to be a part of such an important moment for one of New Mexico’s biggest brands. There are so many potential listeners who never sample AM stations, so we can now put our amazing programs in front of the largest possible audience.”
- HAVES AND THE HAVE NOTS Season Premiere on OWN
- Childish Gambino Cancels Australia Tour
- The Ordinary Is Launching A Face Mask (Demo)
- The Breakfast Club Radio Show Interviews Judge Faith Jerkins
- DAVE EAST ANNOUNCES DEBUT ALBUM, SURVIVAL, TO BE RELEASED ON NOVEMBER 8 VIA DEF JAM RECORDINGS/MASS APPEAL
- Board of Governors Approves FAMU Reopening Plan
- Things you didn’t know about mountains
- Radio Facts: New Study Highlights Movie and TV Streaming Sites’ Increasing Dominance
- The Undeniable Top 12 Best Black Female Singers of All Time?
- HTIAA Names New Officers