Radio Facts: Brown Sugar, the popular subscription streaming service from Bounce, features a curated collection of movies with strong maternal characters in honor of Mother’s Day this May. The tribute includes the family hit Grandma’s House starring Loretta Devine and Holiday Heart featuring Alfre Woodard.
All-new episodes of Bounce’s popular original sitcom In The Cut continue to be available on Brown Sugar every Thursday morning, following their Wednesday night Bounce premiere (9:00 p.m. ET.) All prior seasons of In The Cut are available for viewing anytime on Brown Sugar.
In addition, fan favorites returning to Brown Sugar this month include:
- Sugar Hill starring Wesley Snipes as a drug dealer who tries to start anew with his girlfriend but finds the transition dangerous and deadly.
- Black Girl depicting Mbissine Thérése Diop as a slave to a French couple.
- Five on the Black Hand Side which stars Clarice Taylor and Leonard Jackson and centers on the hilarious hijinks a family unit.
- White Chicks stars Marlon and Shawn Wayans as cops who go undercover in the Hamptons to protect a hotel heiress.
- All-Star Comedy: Live from South Beach a stand-up special which features comics Earthquake, Lavell Crawford, Melanie Comarcho, and Arnez J.
- Hoodlum starring Laurence Fishburne in an old New York tale about war, power, and redemption.
Brown Sugar is available on Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Comcast Xfinity X1, Amazon Channels, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Kindle, Android and Apple smartphones and tablets and web browsers via BrownSugar.com. There is a free 7-day initial trial period for subscribers with a retail price of $3.99/month thereafter. Visit www.BrownSugar.com for more information. Brown Sugar and Bounce are both a part of The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP).
- ASCAP Launches HBCU Paid Internship Program
- Measures Should be Taken to Assure Good Senior Health
- Amazon Music’s Alex Luke wants Alexa in cars
- "Club Quarantine" Legend D-Nice Teaching Master Class
- Vince Staple’s Announces New Project
- KBLX Announces Lineup for Stone Soul Concert
- Women of Color in Media Website Up
- Spotify Launches Program Allowing Artists’ Direct Uploads Via ‘Spotify For Artists’
- What Music Can Say About your Personality
- Appreciating Toni Morrison’s Literary Legacy