2020 has claimed another iconic life. Bonnie Pointer, a member of R&B group The Pointer Sisters, has died at the early age of 69.
“It is with great sadness that I have to announce to the fans of The Pointer Sisters that my sister, Bonnie died this morning,” Bonnie’s sister and former bandmate Anita said in a statement. Anita said “our family is devastated” and asked for “prayers at this time” on behalf of the Pointer family. “Bonnie was my best friend and we talked every day. We never had a fight in our life, I already miss her and I will see her again one day,” she said. The Pointer Sisters lost their other sister, June, in 2006.
With her sisters, Bonnie made five albums and also co-wrote a Grammy-winning song for the group, “Fairytale.” RIP Bonnie Pointer. We wish her family, friends, and loved ones our sincere condolences.
- 10 Under Appreciated Black Movies
- Cop Hits Black Woman in the Face
- Run The Jewels Speak On Social Awakening, Systemic Change, Police Funding, New Album + More
- Top 10 the odd sport in the world
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 365 | Church Pimps Feat. Benny The Butcher
- Balthazar Share New Track “Halfway”
- Louis Vuitton (Demo)
- Star-Studded Musical Tribute Saluting Aretha Franklin
- The First Black-Owned Stock Exchange?