Digital and Radio Facts: New episode of “Math & Magic: Stories from the Frontiers of Marketing,” hosted by Chairman and CEO of iHeartMedia. In this season finale episode, Pittman speaks with Brad Hiranaga, Chief Brand Officer of North America for General Mills, for an enlightening interview.
As the Chief Brand Officer of North America for General Mills, Brad has been helping the company realize its potential as a force for good: from encouraging families to connect around the dinner table, to fighting the hunger gap with the No Kid Hungry initiative. Listeners can learn why he was so committed to brands as a 5-year old (hint: it had something to do with living so close to Nike!), how a landscaping gig played an outsized role in his understanding of business, how he’s harnessed teams and research to modernize legacy brands and more.
Click here to listen to the episode! See below for a few noteworthy quotes:
“I would say never operate out of fear of making the wrong choice. I think a lot of times when you’re that age, you feel like, “Okay, I’ve got to make the right choice at the right time.” I think life has a way of kind of guiding you down paths that you’re meant to go down.” – Brad Hiranaga reflecting on the advice he would tell his 21-year old self.
“There’s the intimacy that I know you’ve talked a lot about that you have. It’s that one-to-one connection where I can just listen to someone talk, and I feel like they’re talking to me individually, versus a show or a movie, where it’s much broader, for everybody.” – Brad Hiranaga thoughts on podcasting.
- 10 R&B Songs that NEVER Die
- Warner Music Group Relaunches Sesame Street Records
- The Radio Facts Top 10 Best Black Singing Groups of All Time
- Dog In The Snow Share New Track “Roses”
- Why Men’s Health Month Is So Important
- Latrice Burnette Appointed EVP/GM at Island Records
- POST MALONE ANNOUNCES RUNAWAY TOUR 2020 DATES
- EDITORS SHARE ACOUSTIC VERSION OF “SMOKERS OUTSIDE THE HOSPITAL DOORS”
- EVVIE MCKINNEY SIGNS WITH MOTOWN GOSPEL & CAPITOL CMG
- New Music Streaming Service Qobuz Launching Early 2019