The Black reporters were not ready for police chief Edward Flynn’s response when asked why he was being disprespectful by being on his phone during a meeting. The meeting centered around the unjust shooting of a schizophrenic Dontre Hamilton by a white Milwaukee police officer who was later fired but not charged. (see the bottom video of the story of Dontre below). This situation led to Milwaukee police having to wear body cams.
After a meeting with community leaders and black residents to try to resolve the lack of communication with the police department, the police chief took questions. He stated there was a lot of confusion, yelling, and agenda bating while he tried to answer the community’s questions and indicated that he was overwhelmed.
During the meeting, he was using his phone to text message and people in the meeting thought that was disrespectful. After the meeting, he was approached by a group of black reporters who questioned his sincerity since he was on the phone texting during the meeting. His response was probably not expected (below)
- Richard Aborn Discusses Citizens Crime Commission Of NYC, Reforming Police Training + More
- Gary’s Tea: Lil Duval Sued Over “Stealing” Hit Song “Smile (Living My Best Life)” [WATCH]
- UNSUNG REVIEW: Billy Preston… One Very Sad Show
- The Best Street Style From Australian Fashion Week (Demo)
- Who Raps Better? Benny or Conway? | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Singer/Rap Pioneer Sylvia “Pillow Talk” Robinson Dies
- Louis Vuitton (Demo)
- Run The Jewels Speak On Social Awakening, Systemic Change, Police Funding, New Album + More
- Star-Studded Musical Tribute Saluting Aretha Franklin
- BMI HONORS ITS 2020 TRAILBLAZERS OF GOSPEL MUSIC