Billboard released its 2018 R&B/Hip-Hop 100 Power Players list last night.
The annual listing honors “the top 100 executives and creatives who have made R&B and hip-hop the hottest genres on earth,” and includes many notables including Shawn ‘Jay-Z’ Carter, Beyoncé Knowles, Sean “Puff Daddy” Combs, Dr. Dre, and many more.
Pierre “Pee” Thomas and Kevin “Coach K” Lee were named Billboard’s ‘Executives of the Year’, overseeing Quality Control Music, home of trendsetters Migos, Lil Yachty, and Cardi B under a management deal, among others.
The list honors a host of other artists, managers, and representatives, also including Chance the Rapper for his extensive charity efforts; Kendrick Lamar for becoming the first non-classical or jazz musician to receive the Pulitzer Prize, which he received for Damn; and Rihanna’s entrepreneurship for her Fenty Beauty cosmetics line.
The list was chosen by a committee of Billboard editors and reporters weighing a variety of factors including career trajectory, overall industry impact, nominations by industry peers, and others. See the entire list here
- 10 Under Appreciated Black Movies
- Cop Hits Black Woman in the Face
- Run The Jewels Speak On Social Awakening, Systemic Change, Police Funding, New Album + More
- Cali 93.9 Launches TODO SE VALE with Angelica Vale!
- Balthazar Share New Track “Halfway”
- Star-Studded Musical Tribute Saluting Aretha Franklin
- Louis Vuitton (Demo)
- UMe Celebrates Record Store Day Black Friday 2018
- The First Black-Owned Stock Exchange?