Beyoncé and Jay-Z started their, On the Run II tour back in early June, and ended the tour early October. Well, the numbers are in, and the tour was a massive success. Although there was no doubt about it.
The couple’s tour raked in $253.5 million, according to Billboard. That is about $144 million more than the Carter’s original tour On the Run earned in 2014, which was crowned the Top R&B/Hip Hop tour of the year.
The Carter’s kicked off their tour on June 6 at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales. From there, the duo continued to perform throughout Europe for 18 shows. The dynamic duo had a two-night performance at London Stadium, which they made a whopping $11 million and sold more than 125,000 tickets.
After they continued their tour in Paris, they crossed over to North America for 30 more shows. These shows included East Rutherford, NJ; Chicago; Atlanta; and Pasadena, Calif. The biggest show for the couple was their two-night stay at Atlanta Mercedes-Benz Stadium, which they earned $14.1 million.
Days after the tour started, the couple surprised their fans with a release of their first joint album, “Everything Is Love” on June 16. With no pre-release promotion, a Saturday release, and being released as a two-day Tidal exclusive, “Everything Is Love” debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200. “Everything Is Love” also won Album of the Year at the BET Hip Hop Awards. The single for the album was “APES**T” featuring Migos, which peaked at No. 13 on the Billboard Hot 100.
The tour is now up for several Billboard Live Music Awards, including Top World and Top U.S. Tour.
The On the Run II tour was promoted by Live Nation and featured DJ Khaled and Chloe x Halle.
- Who Raps Better? Benny or Conway? | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Could this be the Cheapest Woman on the Planet?
- 10 Songs that Basically Said F Monogamy
- PODCAST “Pennies from Kevin” with Kevin Ross
- 300 ENTERTAINMENT ‘UNPLUGGED’
- Craig Ferguson Is Back & Fabulous
- Radio Facts: Vintage Black Comedians, Record Deals and Breaking Records
- Live from the M.I.A. Playlist
- Signs that it’s Time to Start Your Own Business
- Iyanla Fix My Life Episode Schedule