Who were the BEST Black Male Singers in Groups in the 90s?
Who are the Top 10 male R&B groups from the ’90s? In my humble opinion, the ’90s brought some very good R&B to the radio and to the world with the emergence of groups like Jodeci, Guy, Boyz II Men, and a host of others. We wanted to know what was the undeniable top 10 male R&B groups from that era so we took our question to the streets, well at least the internet to determine which groups would reign supreme. Click NEXT above or below to see the next group.
SILK – Discovered by R&B crooner, Keith Sweat, Silk is best known for their hit singles, “Freak Me”, and “Happy Days” from their debut album, Lose Control. Another hit from Lose Control, “Girl U For Me”, helped the album reach double platinum status. I was at a party recently and DJ Kid Capri threw on “Freak Me” and the place went absolutely nuts! That says a lot about classic songs. The group consisted of Tim Cameron, Jimmy Gates, Gary “Big G” Glenn, Jonathan “John-John” Rasboro, and Gary “Lil G” Jenkins.Who didn’t groove to “Breakin My Heart” back in the day although most people call the song, “Pretty Brown Eyes.” Mint Condition has gone through a few member changes but the essence of the St. Paul, Minnesota group remains the same with Stokley Williams leading the way.
- University’s oldest graduate reaches 106th Birthday
- DSU Virtual Research Could Advance COVID vaccine
- Huston-Tillotson to Hold Fifth Green Justice Forum
- FAMU Bragg Stadium COVID-19 Site Closed On Sundays
- Cop Hits Black Woman in the Face
- UNSUNG REVIEW: Billy Preston… One Very Sad Show
- Bird Doesn’t Cooperate, Makes Scene at Funeral (video)
- Baseball Is Back…There Have Been A Few Historic Opening Day Games In Baseball
- Radio Vet Ryan Cameron has Emergency Heart Surgery, in ICU
- Dr. DeForest Soaries Talks Financial Freedom And The DFree Global Foundation