Please check out this Benztown audio tribute to soul and R&B singer and Miami music pioneer, Betty Wright, who died in Miami yesterday from cancer at age 66.
Wright was born Bessie Regina Norris and is best known for her ’70s hit, “Clean Up Woman”, which she recorded at age 17 and which reached No. 6 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and sold more than a million copies.
Wright’s “Where Is the Love,” earned her a Grammy for Best R&B Song in 1976. She was later named the Rhythm and Blues Foundation Pioneer for Individual Artists in 2000.
- The Best Evening Bags To Your Dinner Party Lookfa (Demo)
- Delia Orjuela Vice President of Latin Music, BMI
- JILL SCOTT ANNOUNCES “LIVE IN THE MOMENT” TOUR
- This Week on Apple Music’s ¡Dale Play! Playlist
- Byron Allen Acquires Bayou City Broadcasting
- APPLE ANNOUNCES FIRST EVER APPLE MUSIC AWARDS
- 100.3 RNB Welcomes Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- Keeping Children Safe as the Country Reopens
- Maurice White, Founder Earth Wind & Fire Dies
- Keeping Doctor’s Appointments During COVID-19